Re: [PyrNet-L] What made you choose a Pyr?

>> I am curious as to what brought everyone to the
>> breed.

Pyrs (namely Halley) came into my life at a very low point for me.  I had to
move house, change jobs and was in a pretty depressed state.  Despite having
all sorts of animals most of my life, I was left with none at that point and
felt I really NEEDED a dog, so I started looking.  I will never forget the
first time I knew there was such a breed as a Pyr - it was a picture in a US
puppies annual!  From there I read up on them, contacted the canine assoc
who directed me to the Pyr Club in Victoria, talked to breeders and finally
got my puppy!  There were no Pyrs close by that I could meet (no car at that
point either), so my first sight of a real live Pyr was when I picked up my
9 week old baby Halley at the airport!!  Getting Halley was one of the BEST
decisions I have ever made.  I credit my huggey bundle of fluff with turning
my life around at that point (my saviour! <grin>).  And now I will NEVER be
without a Pyr (or two, or three.....)

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au