[PyrNet-L] Re:arthritis

In a message dated 11/29/99 2:46:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org writes:

<< homeopathic RX for arthritis? >>

Yes:  (1) Glycoflex;  this is a brand name for green mussel pills that is
noted for its anti pain and anti inflamatory properties.  It is outstanding,
although there are some cases where it doesn't appear to work.    I have an
almost 8 year old male pyr who has arthritis so bad in his knees the vets are
astounded he is walking after looking at his xrays.  He has been on glycoflex
for over a year now.

    (2)  Glycosamine/chondrontin;  This not only increases the synovial fluid
in the joints but has been shown to actually repair cartiledge for the
tearing down process that is arthritis. Also very good.  Can be used in
conjunction with Glycoflex.

    (3) There are others such as Inflamawayees (or something like that) that
I also have Boris on.  Appears to work.

All are available at KV Vet supply  1-800-423-8211.   Order a catalog today!
 Once the limping disappears, I would get your dog off Rymadyl since there
are some major side effects.  There is no need to have him on R. once he is
stabalized, unless he is so old and the arthritis is so progressed that it is
your only option.  I do use R. now and again if Boris sprains something or
starts limping, but after a week he is usually fine and I stop.  Besides
that, the glycoflex and etc. is a whole lot cheaper than R., without the side
effects.

Elisa