Re: [PyrNet-L] What made you choose a Pyr?

> << I am curious as to what brought everyone to the
>  > breed.  >>

We had lost our GSD to lung cancer, and our Dalmatian was quite lonely, not
to mention us, as Dalton was my husband's best friend.  We were watching a
show on TV re: rescue and there was a Pyr who took up the whole couch with
her head in her owner's lap.  The owner was describing the breed (altho she
did omit the barking thing...) and we fell in love.  We went to the local
Humane Society, but were not allowed to *adopt* since we had a non-neutered
cat........... (what's that have to do with a DOG?) but didn't feel any
connection with anyone there.  Uncle Henry's (our local
garage-sale-and-everything-you- could-ever-want type magazine) was published
the following week and there were Pyr pups for sale listed in it .  We
called the *breeder* and went up to see the pups... that's all it took.  We
look at it like a rescue, but that's another story... Life before Pyrs? Was
there one? Don't know how we did it......:)))))) altho I would never trade
any of my others for anything! Some day I hope to have more, God willing!
Merrilie