Re: [PyrNet-L] giant breed?

I'm still very new to the breed, but have tried to learn as much as possible
during that time.  I'm curious as to what is the maximum healthy weight for
an adult at full height. In the books I've read on the akc standard it list
only the weight for minimum height dogs, in Paul Strang's book he states that
a 32' male could easily reach 150 lbs., and still be in proper standard. I
would think this would certainly classify as a giant breed, while the minimum
standard may not. What is the heaviest that anyone has had their pyrs reach
while still considering them at a healthy weight?  And does anyone know if
there is a difference in the size of the dogs in different countries. I saw
an interesting painting of  a pyr from 1901, which looked far different from
today, almost like a white long haired Irish Wolfhound complete with the
Wolfhound head.