Re: [PyrNet-L] re sleeping arrangements

--- GypsyunLTD@aol.com wrote:
> Robyn, you and David aren't the only ones.  Scott
> and I don't allow Gypsy to
> sleep with us, either.

 From what I'm reading lately, I almost
> feel guilty.  We won't
> even let her go on the couch.

     I don't let either of them on the couch either.
Jake sleeps with me a little, a habit left over from
when we lost Spooky.  When Spooky died, at 14 months,
we were all torn apart.  Jake seemed to sense we
needed him and climbed up on the bed between us, he
was only about 6 months at the time.  He slept right
next to us for a week.  We all felt better being
close, and I needed to know Jake was okay so having
him next to me was reasuring.  After a week or so,
Jake started cutting this back naturally.  Now, he
lays beside me for 10 minutes or so, to tuck me in.
Sometimes he will come in and lay across my husband
and my feet for a little while in the middle of the
night.  Mostly, though he sleeps at the foot of the
bed on the floor.
   The new one isn't allowed on the bed, as it wasn't
a habit I wanted to start in the first place, but
can't seem to give up with Jake.  I enjoy his "tucking
me in."  They do both sleep in our bedroom though.
   A couple of trainers we've had really discourage
the sharing the bed thing.  I've read enough to decide
it isn't really a black and white issue.  However, two
adults and a pyr, or two in a full sized bed is more
togetherness then I can stand.
                      Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,