[PyrNet-L] Why you chose Pyrs as your breed contest

Some of you have heard this story before, but I love telling it. :)

I was sitting in the chair at my hairdressers, The Clip Shop (I'm not
kidding--that's the real name), when the woman in the next chair showed
a picture of her dog to her operator.  "We are moving to France," she
said; she pronounced it "Phraaaannnsssse", (la-de-dah), "and we are
having our dog put down."

"OH, NO YOU'RE NOT", said I, springing forward in my chair and almost
getting my ear cut off!  "You are not putting that dog down!"

The "woman-on-her-way-to-Phraaanse" delivered her beautiful six year old
Pyr to my house the next day, and Sasha lived out her next 6 1/2 years
with me.

After about four months, Sasha's former owners decided that they had had
enough of "you know where", and they returned to the United States.
They called and asked for her back, and I said "No."  She was a part of
our family, and I would not have her heart broken again.

When Sasha left us to go to the Bridge in her old age, I found the
Maranatha Kennels and adopted Lilly.  After four years with Lilly, I
found rescue and adopted Abby.  After four months with Abby, I found
that we had room to foster rescue dogs, and they continue to come and
go.  Each one is different, and each has a special place in my heart.

The "you-know-who" lady did me a favor on that haircut day.  She changed
and enriched my life.  Wherever you are, thank you!

And thanks to you, Barb, for letting me tell the story of Sasha again.
:)

Catherine Oldham
Readsboro, Vermont
cmo@together.net