Re: [PyrNet-L] Giant Breed?

In a message dated 12/3/99 8:31:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dneal@scan.missouri.org writes:

<< Joe, over the last 30 years we have had a lot of 27' males, have one right
 now. They all have been a few pounds over 100 at show weight. Young dogs not
 that but when they are ready to go out.

 Dolores >>

I totally agree with you.  That's our experience over the past 30 years as
well and we have had and seen a lot of 27" dogs.  I think the posters comment
was relative guarding abilities.  We  have placed several smaller dogs at
standard (27" and 100 #) and even below that worked flawlessly.  I think the
poster has some notion that they are reluctant to give up, even in the face
of many of us telling them as gently as we can that their information or
notion is not correct or at least consistent with our experience.  Since the
list is composed of so many people new to the breed, I think some of us
should give our information we have gained from our years of association with
the breed.  Otherwise, the seeds of misinformation will take germination.  I
hope everyone realizes that there is no intent to make any dissenting
information as personal in nature.  Healthy disciplined discussion should be
beneficial to us all.

Joe