[PyrNet-L] leash training redux

. I am just getting started teaching Leo to walk on the leash (we will start
puppy kindergarten at 10-11 weeks, but would like to get a head start). I
have a very light training lead and a buckle collar for him. He is friendly
and affectionate and likes to follow me around sometimes, but also seems to
have an independent streak. My two previous dogs learned to walk on a leash
simply because they liked to follow me as I walked. Leo does not. he is
interested in going his own way. I have tried everyone's suggestions. I am
calling him, praising him, offering treats, patting my leg, clicking my
tongue....all to no avail. He will not follow me and in fact, he often fights
even the slightest pressure from the leash.

I would appreciate any advice.

Katie
http://www.attachmentparent.com/