Re: [PyrNet-L] end of an era and back to earth with a bang!!!!(LONG)

ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:
> I like to think that he's "there" for them on
>their last trip.
What an extraordinary service you perform for all these creatures and
their families on this last trip, Jan.
And I'm sure you're right that nothing prepares you for a loss like that
of Colly, however expected and, in a sense, timely given her age. The ache
in your heart's the same, and that little space that'll never be filled by
another, however special. Shelley's been gone a year and a half now, and I
still have moments--sometimes when I look at Ivy Rose and she's in a
position where she looks so-o-o-o much like her momma--when that wave of
sadness and loss sweeps over me again, usually bringing with it memories
of all the others (human, canine, feline). But even in the midst of the
grieving, there's such gratitude for all the ones who've brought so much
love and wonder to my life. There's a song I like by Australian
singer/song-writer Judy Small that goes, "Ivy says she has no room for
love.....The grief's not worth the pain." I have to agree with Judy, who
ends up, "I'm glad I don't stand in Ivy's shoes!"
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose