[PyrNet-L] end of an era and back to earth with a bang!!!!(LONG)

Had I wanted to spend today thinking of Colly and all your great messages,
having a little cry, cuddling the great, great grandkids then I would have
been hard pushed to squash that in today!

 Probably for me just as well as I did not have a good night's sleep with
the "hey remember me Janella, the night you fell over me when you'd had too
much to drink at the Vet's Xmas party, what about when I pe'ed on the
Judge's skirt in the ring, remember when I pe'ed in your shoe just as we
went to do a triangle?  What about the Judge who told you you'd have to eat
more porridge to lift a dog like me? Remember when you went to set me up and
fell over the top of me (sober!!). So many things came to see me last night,
they were my ghosts and I'll never forget them.  Along with my furry ghosts
were my human ghosts. My father, his sister, my dear old friends. Now Colly
has gone I don't think I'll ever see so many ghosts  again. ( Will I Joe?)

So much was associated with her and her kids.  I had been waiting this
moment for a while but nothing prepares you does it.   Not until the phone
calls yesterday and today.  Two Pyrs needing a new home, brought up
together, done. Colly's son at nearly nine, new home with marriage breakup,
done (that really hurt) then our local vet on the phone!!!  We are the
agents here for "Animal Cremation" so bodies are dropped off or picked up by
us and taken by my husband to our friend who owns the business in
Wellington.  I never look at who they are. I will go outside and wish them
bon voyage and that's it.   I made that mistake once, I opened the box and
saw the flowers and cards from the children and the toys  and upset myself
so I write out the labels and info and I deliver back the rimu box later on.
Phone goes tonight and it's the Vet:  "Jan is Mick home, I've got a big one
here, just died and I can't lift it. The old girl wants it cremated, can
Mick meet me at such and such, if he's not home can you come and help me".
Yeah sure all 7stone 10lb of me!!   Ten minutes later they both end up back
here with the dog and I hear " thank God he's  still warm Mick, we'll be
able to get him in the bag:".   Needless to  say I had to come inside. I
guess we can assure the owners that we treat their animals with respect. I
went out later and gave him a last wee pat and wished him well on his final
journey.  We've done this service for years and I really don't like having
to come face to face with the owners, I would rather remain anonymous and
just ensure their beloved dog or cat comes home to them.  Old Arthur here
(10) quite often goes to work with Mick with "travelling companions" and he
never bats an eyelid. I quite like the idea of telling Arthur that he has
someone to care for on his travels. He looks at me with his old, gray, wise
face as if to say" hey Janella, I know this and they'll be fine, I'll do my
best". Nothing fazes him and I like to think that he's "there" for them on
their last trip.
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Christmaspage.html and
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Index.html and
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest Site
http://homepages.msn.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/