[PyrNet-L] Knock down, Drag out

I've been keeping up with the stories on Pyr-net for some time now, and I
think I finally have one worthy of writing about. Today, I got to spend a
little time in the emergency room...for a dog bite from my Pyr "Cid." Now
before I go on, let me say that he didn't bite me on purpose. We have two
dogs, Cid, the Pyr, and Daisy, a good old mutt. Cid weighs in at about 130
and Daisy about 65-70. Daisy is extremely jealous and so is Cid, so you can
see where the problem starts. Well, my wife and I were asleep and I was woken
up by this low deep growling noise. I sat up to who it was and Daisy was on
the bed with us. Cid had just walked into the room and was making his way to
the bed. No sooner had he got there, when Daisy jumps over my wife to my side
and bit Cid square in the face. He ignored it at first, but when she did it
again, the gloves came off! Cid "tiger" jumped onto the bed and the next
thing you know I'm right in the middle of a knock down, drag out dogfight!
Normally when they fight, I can grab hold of one of them and end the
confrontation pretty quickly. But this time I had 200 lbs. of dog right on my
chest and my arms were pinned under the covers. When I did finally manage to
get my arms out, my wife had just grabbed Daisy and pulled her to her side of
the bed. Cid lunged for her and my wife did the only she could to keep Daisy
from getting mauled, let her go. So here we are right in the middle of round
two. Like the not-so-smart- individual that I sometimes am, I throw my arm
out to try to knock Cid off the bed, at the same time that he throws those
monstrous teeth at Daisy and instead of getting a mouthful of fur, he gets a
big mouthful of me! Needless to say, the fight ended almost immediately. Both
of the dogs just stopped and looked at me like they knew exactly what had
happened, and just sat there looking at me. Well, two hours, a bottle of
antibiotics, and an 8 x 8 gauze pad later, I come home and they're the best
of friends all over again. My question is this, I have been debating for
months with my wife about every reason in the world NOT to get Cid fixed.
This kind of changes things just a little. Does anyone out there know if this
is going to change Cid's aggressive attitude toward Daisy any, or if this
will change his jealousy any? I want him to be a bit more calm, but I like
the fact that when my wife or I take him running, he gets pretty protective
when we're approached by strangers or other dogs. Any other suggestions would
be more than welcome.
Christopher Pratt & Cid
Portsmouth, VA