[PyrNet-L] A turkey story

Thought you all might enjoy what happened to us:

Early last week, our PYR Sheba, our neighbor's PYR Solomon, and several neighboring dogs "shared" a deer carcass.  They passed around a couple of legs, and one morning I had the rack of ribs in our front yard.  It wasn't a big deal.  One would get tired of chewing, and another would take over.

Wednesday evening, Sheba was at the perimeter of our property chewing on something  and wouldn't come in when called -- imagine that.  My husband went to retrieve her, came back and said, "You won't believe what Sheba had."  Of course, I assumed it was another deer part.  NOT!!  Sheba had a turkey -- not a wild turkey carcass, oh no!  Sheba had a grocery store purchased frozen turkey.  Evidently, someone in the area had left one out to thaw -- maybe in their garage??

Anyway, Sheba had quite a treasure, and guarded it as such.  We never did find out who the turkey belonged to so we could replace it.  Oh well, live and learn.

Leslie Swaner