Re: [PyrNet-L] Hello -Reply

<< We have no regrets at all.  They are wonderful with all the children in
the neighborhood, and good with our grandchildren.  The only "problem" I have
found with children is the tendency to "paw" people for attention.  Our
3-year-old granddaughter was "pawed" and subsequently scratched by toenails.
No big deal, but it made her a little apprehensive.

Reminds me of an incident we had this past spring.  Went to a show in
Virginia Beach, VA over Memorial Day weekend with two of our pyrs, Baron and
Zoe.  We stayed at the camp ground where the show was held, and on the last
day of the show, a couple that are dear friends of ours came to visit.  They
brought along their daughter and son.  Maggie (the daughter, about 7 years
old) had been bitten by a dog the previous fall and had to have stitches on
her cheek.  When we took them up to be introduced to the dogs (both were in
their crates), Maggie wasn't afraid of our two.  We asked her if she'd like
to put them, and she said she would.  Then she asked "will I have to have
stitches?"  We assured her she wouldn't, and once the dogs greeted her, she
was fine.  We all went for a walk around the camp grounds with the dogs --
Maggie very proudly lead Zoe, and Zoe behaved like a perfect lady.  Guess
they knew that Maggie had some "rehab" when it came to dogs.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC