Re: [PyrNet-L] Ears

Mike, does she really have ear mites, or a bacterial/yeast infection?  This
past summer, we thought two of our pyrs had ear mites, and we had been
treating them with an over-the-counter product for ear mites.  (Also, a drop
of ivomec in the ear will also work.)  Well, they kept scratching, head
shaking, etc, and we took them to the vets.  Seems they have a yeast or
bacterial infection.  Like your dog, this seems to reappear every couple of
months.  We have tried cleaning the ears, but that doesn't seem to have much
benefit.

Like you -- I'd appreciate any insite on how to avoid the ear problems.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC