[PyrNet-L] Re: CHAT: Happy Holidays from a list lurker

I have been lurking for most of 1999. We have had no major Pyr News or
health problems and I am not an expert to respond to pleas for help.

But I always read both lists and keep updated. I'd like to thank everyone
who posts and shares their anecdotes with us. I'd like to congratulate Miss
Clondike and her owners on her still being here. I didn't really expect her
to see the new century. Meeting her at the Specialty was a thrill of the
year. Her rival in her class was a sweetie too and I still smile when I
think of the handsome motivated Mr. Bodacious Boots.

The two Pyrs living with IPPL had good years. Neither saw a vet except for
routine checks. Right now it is 45 degrees and sunny and Patou and Ivy are
running in the enclosed acreage with their gibbon friends, taking time out
to dig a hole now and then. My animal care assistants are chopping bamboo
for the 30 gibbons to play with (excuse the syntax). The sun is shining and
the temperature is rising. The poor gibbons had to stay indoors the last
two days due to cold combined with rain but today is sunny.

Our blind boy Bullet, whom we rescued from the woods behind our house last
November, is doing so well. We have a blind gibbon (Beanie) and certainly
blind dogs are at less of a disadvantage because of that incredible sense
of smell. Bullet has become our resident mole-catcher, we have moles all
over the place. Bullet brought a living one to us one day and we looked at
this beautiful creature - and released him/her in the country at some
distance from us.

Our sweet Pyr girl Ivy (eternal thanks to Nancy Sandoval) is Bullet's
"seeing eye dog." When it's time to go outdoors, Bullet won't go through
the door till he knows Ivy is right there with him. Ivy was never bred but
fate brought her her own special baby. Our colossus Patou watches over us
all.

Shirley McGreal
The IPPL gibbons (30)
Patou, Ivy and Bullet