[PyrNet-L] Chat: Pet Therapy and Merry Christmas to all

Yesterday (Christmas Eve) 8 pyrs decked out in various attire such as Santa
hats, red scarves, reindeer antlers, red bows, etc.  descended en masse on
three nursing homes:  the Sierra Pacific Great Pyrenees Club's therapy pyrs
had arrived to bring Christmas cheer and presents to the lucky residents.
The pyrs and their handlers created quite a stir as they moved throughout
each of the nursing homes, greeting residents and passing out gifts.   The
response was overwhelming.  More than one resident grabed my arm and,
practically in tears, told me what a wonderful thing it was that we were
doing.  Which of course practically had me in tears...I still get choked up
when I think about it.  It seems like such a little thing, but it means so
much to many of these people.  Definitely the highlight of their week, month,
year??  The staffs told us that residents will be chatting about our visit
for days to come -- in all three cases it was a big surprise to the residents
which made it all the more fun.  What a way to spend Christmas Eve!  The club
definitely plans to do it again next year  as part of our ongoing therapy dog
program.

Merry Christmas to all!

Elisa Ungerman
Sacramento CA