[PyrNet-L] ingenuity

I fell asleep in bed a couple of nights ago watching a moving.  Left my
glasses and the remote control laying next to me.  Woke up in the morning to
find my glasses broken in two pieces right in the middle, at the piece that
lays over the bridge of the nose.  Christmas rather blew the budget, so
couldn't rush right out and get a new pair of glasses.  Had to find a way to
mend them because I can't see very well without my glasses and contacts don't
work for me.

First tried scotch tape because it was still lying about handy and easily
accessible, but that didn't work so well.  Couldn't find any super glue
around the house and my 3M surgical glue was old.  However, while digging
through the doggie medical supplies kit, came across that colorful 3M bandage
wrap that stretches and self sticks.  I have purple, blue, and pink "in
stock".<g>  Cut an appropriately sized piece (out of the blue roll) and used
it to mend my glasses.  Works like a charm.  My 18 yr old daughter who's
moving to New York in a few weeks to attend the Fashion Institute of
Technology says it even looks stylish!  It's also quite comfortable and now
my glasses have that "flex" quality which makes them much more durable.<g>
As an added bonus I can change the wrap to color coordinate if I so choose.
<vbg>

Kelley Hoffman
kshoffman@aol.com