[PyrNet-L] Great Pyrenees of the Century

We are participating in a neat little exercise on my other breed lists and
it's quite fun, interesting, and educational to hear the responses.  What
better time to indulge in breed history and nostalgia than now?  If you could
only nominate one individual dog or bitch as "Great Pyrenees of the Century"
who would it be and why?

As you ponder this thought, please do keep in mind that the breed does exist
outside of the U.S. <vbg>, so do try to think on a "global scale" with this.
Let's keep this topic open for debate through the 31st, then I will volunteer
to tally and summarize the results.  I foresee some lively discussion
surrounding this topic, but when ready to cast your final ballot for a single
nominee, please put "nominee" in the subject heading so I will have an easier
time collating the data.

For me, although a few names come to mind immediately as having had a
tremendous influence on a vast number of our contemporary dogs worldwide, I'm
not quite ready yet to pick just one.  I'll have to study some data and give
it a bit more thought before I make my final nomination.

Kelley Hoffman
kshoffman@aol.com