Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr. antics.

Since the list is somewhat quiet I thought someone might get a chuckle
out of this.

We sell fresh eggs, and have been really busy over Christmas doing so.
Even had people stopping in Christmas day!  One day Kendra ( our daughter
) was outside talking to a fellow, as I was getting his eggs.  He asked
to see Ranger up close, so Kendra opened the door and let him out.
Ranger was in 7th Heaven sitting down on the sidewalk being bear hugged
and cuddled and praised.  This ended and we never thought any more about
it.

Yesterday another fellow walked up to the bottom of the steps, and I
asked how many eggs he wanted.  It dawned on me that I never heard the
storm door "click" behind me, and I looked to the side to see a joyous
Ranger dashing out and heading for the steps to greet this new person.  I
managed to catch his collar, and look at the expression on this poor guys
face.  He was back tracking, ashen faced, saying " beautiful dog
lady....but he sure is big "!  I had a heck of a time convincing Ranger
that it was not appropriate for him to greet everyone this way, he really
wanted to go down those steps and see the man!  Later my hubby said, "
well he isn't that big ! "       I said, " you go stand at the bottom of
the steps and look up at him coming out the door with a big Pyr. grin ".
I pointed out to Kendra that it may not have been the best idea to let
him think that he had a new life as the door greeter!  Of course Ranger
is a big love, and just thinks this is suddenly a great thing to meet
folks coming up the steps.  But....  I worry about someone having a heart
attack on the spot.  So now I have to be real careful about that door.
Bad enough with Ranger, can you imagine all four of them running out at
one time?  :-)  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas