[PyrNet-L] Wandering

Hello and happy holidays to all! Even in Georgia it is finally cold enough
to feel like a proper holiday season and Pushkin is happy, happy, happy to
stay outside all day and night. I believe his only holiday wish would be for
snow and for me to move to a much colder climate!
I have been reading with interest the discussion about underground fencing
and fencing in general. Every source that I have read so far
has said that the Pyr is known for wandering (which makes sense). Is there
anyone out there who has a Pyr that does not wander? Pushkin has never shown
the inclination. We live on 20 acres surrounded by
a few houses every 1/4-1/2 mile and across the road from us is a huge
farm/hunting club (1000 acres) where we take walks each day. All Push does
is sleep in our driveway, "announce" from the hilltops that the valley is
his, and follow each and every vehicle to the top of the driveway (1/2 mile)
as it leaves barking all of the way...There is every sort of enticement to
wander from rotten deer carcasses acros the road, loose dogs, coyotes to
menace, cats to chase, deer to chase, squirrels to chase, trucks to chase...
I have had him since he
was three months old (he is now 2 1/2) and yes, he is neutered. I'm just
curious whether any else has had this experience and if it is that atypical
for a Pyr (not that I'm not thanking my lucky stars that he does stay home!)
Well, I'm off for a walk with the crew (thankfully hunting season has
taken a temporary leave until after New Years!)
Wishing everyone a happy, enlightening, peaceful New Years!-
                                                    Ame and Pushkin