[PyrNet-L] Year 2000 has arrived!!

It is now 1.30am on the morning of the 1st of January 2000!!  No problems
switching on and booting up so far.  Electricity working, phones working. I
think the next 24 hours will bring up any glitches in the system so will
keep you posted. Will also check the settings on my computer and ensure the
year date is 2000. Off to bed now and no doubt will be woken up by Hamish
when the first light of dawn appears which is 5.49am so a few hours sleep I
hope!! The Westpac Bank here closed it's doors this afternoon due to huge
withdrawals but being an old money market dealer I smell a rat with the
dealers trying to lay funds off for the next 5 days!! The almighty dollar
and making a profit was our aim!! The same amount of money plus interest
would have come back in a few hours later!! My tiny deposit this morning
will have no effect on the state of the economy. I have written the
equivalent plus in cheques, that's how the system works!!
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Christmaspage.html and
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Index.html and
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest Site
http://homepages.msn.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/