Re: [PyrNet-L] Traditional New Year's Meal

In a message dated 01/01/2000 10:01:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Tfrench11@aol.com writes:

<< What part of the appalachian's are you in?  We live in the Shenandoah
Valley
 and have many of the same traditions. As long as we have pork, black eyed
 peas, & cabbage in some form we think we're OK for the New Year.  Of course
 it goes without saying that we NEVER do laundry on New Year's Day (don't
want
 to cause a death in the family) >>

I'm not, my heritage is. <vbg>  I'm in Ohio, my family is generatons born and
raised in the Southeastern part of Kentucky in various areas near the
Virginia/Tenneessee/West Virginia borders.  Will have to ask my Mom about the
laundry thing, I don't recall ever hearing that one! <LOL>

Kelley Hoffman
kshoffman@aol.com