Re: [PyrNet-L] March DogWorld article on Cryopreservation/Cloning

Lene, yes I agree it is a hard subject to deal with because it
encompasses a lot.

One of the things I have found here, and given some thought to is how
dogs are priced.  I used to think if someone had to pay more in the first
place they would value it more.  I realize now that this isn't the case
at all.  All this seems to do is encourage people to try to make their
money back.  If someone  pays  a $1000. from a good caring breeder, they
in turn think it is their absolute right to breed and make "lots" of
money back.   If they  pay $150. or $200. their seems to be less desire
to breed because suddenly their expenses in raising a litter just doesn't
pan out as compared to what they are going to get.  These people don't
care what they are breeding, they just universally believe they should be
able to breed.  If they can't get rid of the dogs before the pups start
eating them out of house and home..they just dump them.  It is an odd
situation and I don't know if it is what has become of human nature, or
if it is specific to certain societies?  Clearly only the select few in
breeds are really working for the good of the breed  It really makes me
sad.  Labs are in a sorry state around our area right now because
everyone is into Labs. right now.  The paper is loaded with them, and
every neighbor has pups they are trying to sell, and eventually they are
dumped, or taken to the shelter to be disposed of.  And there are some
seriously nasty looking Labs being bred by these people.  I shudder to
think about people doing that to the Pyrs.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka