[PyrNet-L] Morgan

I live in Mexico and have a four year old Great Pyrenee named Morgan who has
become
very sick. About a month and a half ago he developed a stomach infection and
has gotten progressively worse. Yesterday I had him x-rayed and his heart is
quite large and his blood pressure is high. The vet here also said that his
thoracic vertebras 11-14 have lesions and are compressed. His immune system is
lowered, he has anemia and the vet is telling me that my dog is malnourished
due to the above or that the above is due to his heart and spine and that he
has a 50/50 chance of recovery. He has not been eating very much even with a
lot of coaxing and special meals and after being injected with a drug to
increase his appetite. We have been injecting him with B vitamins and iron
along with giving him antibiotics and vitamin C. The breed is not well known
here and I need to contact a US vet who is familiar with this breed. If you
know of anyone that I could send the x-rays to and consult with please let me
know. Or if you have had any similar experiences. I love this dog dearly and am
panicked. Thank you. Katherine Nidermaier