[PyrNet-L] A Country Outing.

I'm off out for the day tomorrow to take Frankie to the local Wairarapa
Allbreeds Ribbon Parade (for Non Champions) . Hamish is coming for the ride
too. Me and my friend Sarah with her Lhasa Apso.  A strange combination, a
small (but perfectly formed)  lady in her 50's and her friend, 5ft 10" in
her late twenties who stops the traffic!!  Thought we'd just give the locals
at Wairarapa Kennel Assn a bit of a run for their money!!  They don't
advertise their Ribbon Parades for fear of "out of towners" turning up.
Well I live here and it's the least I can do to ensure the committee don't
win everything!! I am expecting Frankie to do his best for his mother. We
shall take a light lunch of pate', california grapes, crackers, nice bit of
cheese and be on our best behaviour. I shall set a good example for Sarah to
follow. If I happen to overhear a committee member say (as I have done in
the past) "what's she doing here", then I shall ignore  the remark!! I am
"here" to educate the Judges of tomorrow on my Breed and to do my best to
stop the President's wife winning Best On Parade while he is stewarding in
the same ring!!  A minor thing to some people but Ribbon Parades are held
here to encourage new people to start showing and to give a bit of practise
to "young stock" which is why Champions are not permitted in the Breed
classes.  Our PMDC allocates points at these events for Pyr wins and we have
trophies to compete for with points allocated from wins at Allbreed Ribbon
Parades too.  I have not gone to the last 3 Wairarapa Allbreed Ribbon
Parades purely for the reason above (Pressie stewarding, wife winning) but I
feel that I must make my point.  Apparently a Steward has been brought in
from another area after comments were made (guilty til proven innocent!!)  I
hope my presence will be noted in a friendly manner and I really, really
want Frankie to win SOMETHING!!!!
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans