Re: [PyrNet-L] Canine Nutrition

 <<I am not recommending any particular diet, I know and like what I feed my
puppies and the lack of problems with the growth these days.  If you are
going to make a choice to feed your puppy a "home prepared diet" then be
very aware of the damage you may cause.>>Jan

Very true Jan.  All home prepared diets are not created equal.  People
raising/considering raising puppies on a home prepared diet should be aware
of that.  Doing the research first is very important.

I would personally recommend anyone considering raising pups on a home-made
diet of any sort get a copy of Ian Billinghurst's book "Grow Your Pups With
Bones".  LOTS of stuff in there for large breed owners.  He addresses quite
a few chapters to bone and joint conditions (including OCD, HD, Pano etc
etc).  Talking to people feeding natural diets to large breed pups is a good
idea too. As a starting point, for example, there a quite a few long-time
breeders/natural feeders on the BARF webring.

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au
visit my webpage at http://members.dynamite.com.au/espinay/index.htm