[PyrNet-L] Canine Nutrition

Silly me deleted a whole heap of posts this morning that I wanted to answer
this afternoon. Duh!! :-/  I seem to remember part of one on the last posts
on this topic queried, among other things (that I can't remember!), the use
of hormones in meat eg chicken.  Here is some info on that:

Hormones are now not permitted to be used in poultry.  See for example the
US Dept of Agriculture information on meat and poultry labelling terms :
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OA/pubs/lablterm.htm

Here is the relevant info from that site:

---NO HORMONES (pork or poultry):
Hormones are not allowed in raising hogs or poultry. Therefore, the claim
"no hormones added" cannot be used on the labels of pork or poultry unless
it is followed by a statement that says "Federal regulations prohibit the
use of hormones." ---

I understand however, that antibiotics are sometimes used in feed.  If you
are really concerned, the best thing to do is to buy organic poultry.  For
many however, this is cost prohibitive and a lot, like myself, get by on
non-organic products (and eat it ourselves too! LOL!).

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au
visit my webpage at http://members.dynamite.com.au/espinay/index.htm