[PyrNet-L] Pyrless Pieces of Dreams, 1988-2000...

Today my heart is heavy.  This afternoon, my beloved Shelly slipped quietly
on to her new world. I held her in my arms while she took her last breath. I
told her how much I loved her and how painful it was for me to let her go.
She will wait for me to join her, alongside of my dad, my step-dad and my
grandparents.

Pyrless Pieces of Dreams, CGC and Therapy Dog, March 30, 1988 - February 18,
2000.  Shelly, also affectionately known to some as Muffin, was my first
Great Pyrenees and my first dog.  She was my rock, my foundation, and my
first true experience with unconditional love. It is because of her that I
became so active in the world of Pyrs. In her memory, I will continue...
This will be my legacy to her.

She protected me, she guided me, and she was always there for me.  Whether
times were good, bad, joyous, or downright awful, she stood by me.  Quiet,
strong, loving life until the end... She was my dream come true.

Some of many things that I learned from Shelly…

- Some deserve a bigger section of the couch.   :-)
- People will love me no matter what I look like.  If they don't, bark in
their ear and calmly walk away.
- Sometimes we have to help each other.
- Life is too short.
- A walk is ALWAYS a good idea.
- You can leave your "mark" in more then one way.
- Whenever a bath is had, immediately find the most disgusting thing to roll
around in.
- I can do whatever I set my mind to.
- Pyrenees Rescue needs my help.
- I am a wonderful mom.
- My heart is bigger then I think it is.
- Forgiveness can be sweet.
- The journey is the reward.
- Independence is good.
- You can get a hug when you least expect it.
- If you have something to say, "speak" up.
- Sometimes you have to let go.
- There are some things that will never die... they will live in your heart
forever...

Tonight, hug your dogs tightly. And cherish whatever moments you have with
them, before those moments slip away. (Private responses only please.)

Best Wishes,
Karen Reiter
kreiter@servtech.com
http://www.servtech.com/~kreiter/