[PyrNet-L] this should cheer you up!!

Puffin arrived today so we went in my Van to the airport and took Hamish for
the trip. I didn't drive, I was a passenger!!  All went well til we hit the
Wellington Motorway and horrrors of horrors there was a Tanker
sitting(midstream)  waiting to berth.  It got worse, " there "alongside" was
a container ship!! I said brightly "well that's leaving so one less ship
tomorrow for you".  "What do you mean, leaving? Those Tugs are pointing
inwards, it's just arrived. They'll be working that allnight and I'll have
to let it go in the morning".  It get's worse, we passed Queens Wharf " Oh
no there's a passenger liner, "well that had better be gone tonight, I've
got 2 liners due to meet the Pilot at the Heads at 6am". For those not in
the know that means 2 passenger liners each due to have a Pilot winched
aboard at the heads of Wellington Harbour at 6am!!  En route to the airport
to get this Pyr puppy "excuse me Michael but why are we going the long way
round to the airport?"  Silly question, " I just want to make sure that
Container ship is leaving Port, I don't need to try and get extra crews for
the morning".  Yes but Michael we are meant to be getting this puppy. So we
arrived but MAF were late. I heard this awful screaming and sure enough it
was mine. His newspaper was like mache' paper, he had dug all his water out
. Mick had an awful job trying to get the seal off. I went to get my crowbar
but he managed to break this sodden mass of fur free. Poor wee guy. luckily
we had some towels  to dry him off with. You could see people thinking,
"she's brought this in and sending that one away!! Hamish was awful, he
barked at Puffin half the way home.  I'll give Puffin his dues though, not
many Pyr pup's arrive home in style in their van but on the back of a tow
truck??  My Van started to overheat at the foot of the Rimutakas, half an
hour from home.  The man of the house wanted to just a carry on a drivin'
her, the little lady did not!!  I rang the Tow truck owner ( who I just
happened to buy the van from!!), he was there in half an hour, nothing major
but he and I thought it was better not to drive her so up on the back of the
tow truck with Michael and me in truck. The truck driver's little travelling
pal known as "Killer" (and he means it) thought he would like to travel home
on my knee and he did.  Smelly little old black dog who passed wind all the
way home.  Drew up here in fine style and climbed  upto my van on the back
of tow truck and handed the puppies down to Michael below.  Puffin seems
fine as does Hamish, me? Have to borrow a vehicle to do my shopping tomorrow
and wait for the bill on my van!! I haven't mentioned the worst thing yet
but while waiting for the tow truck, guess who needed a "wee"??  It wasn't
me, Hamish or Puffin, oh no.  I threatened him, I begged him to hold on but
he couldn't so off he went down the Rimutaka Hill on foot to find a spot!!
This is rugged bush country and I sure as hell wasn't sending out a search
party to find a 55 year old man clad in a pair of bombay bloomers (khaki
shorts) . I would have gone without him.  He returned clutching a spanner he
had found downstream safe and well and very pleased with himself!!
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans