[PyrNet-L] Seeking More Advice

Hi ... I'm back looking for more advice.  I'm a first-time pyr owner, in case it doesn't show.

I adopted my second rescue pyr two or three weeks ago.  Before coming to live with me, he was strictly an outdoor dog and didn't get much socialization.  I am trying to "convert" him into an indoor pooch.  In the house, he pants and paces nonstop.  He seems very hyper (read as rearranges the furniture) and has taken to chewing at his tail (which is becoming raw)and on his forelegs, one of which now has a sore on it.  He's up all hours of the night (and the sleep deprivation is making us cranky!)  I think even our other pyr wishes he would go lay down!  Has anyone out there had success with adjusting an outdoor dog to indoor life?  Any advice?

Thanks!