Re: Re: [PyrNet-L] Seeking More Advice

Pam,

I have seriously begun to consider some sort of natural relaxer that I can give him toward bedtime, mainly just so we can get some sleep!  We have adjusted our work schedules around kids and dogs so that kids are not home unattended and dogs are not crated all day long.  To make it work, I have to get up at 4am.  Well, when the dog is bouncing off the walls until 11pm and then again between 2 and 3am ... it just doesn't work!  We are also trying a regular walk schedule, so he will know when to expect to go outside, etc.  We have even discussed scheduled periods in the crate ... not very long ... just forced "down time" for 15 minutes every hour.  How does that sound?  Are there any opinions that it would do more harm than good?

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org wrote:
> In a message dated 02/22/2000 10:43:29 AM Central Standard Time, kdbooth@mindspring.com writes:

     I have not tried to make an outdoor dog an indoor dog or vise versa.   I
do not often get indoor dogs and so my problem is not so difficult.   I
orient the ones I get to goats to move them to farms.  I can only say you
might need to sedate him for a while and let him spend more time out than in
and gradually convert him to inside living, but this may never be a complete
conversion after all these dogs are bred to be herd protection dogs.
Pam