[PyrNet-L] Westminster

part of the last post I have sent off Peggy (Canine Nutriton) refers in some
way to "honesty" amongst Breeders with problems.  I gave a warning on HOD
and diets and was totally ignored. End result spoke for itself in my first
post.  Do I want to put myself in that position again?  Possibly not but do
I want to see puppies go through distressing avoidable problems? No I don't.
Honesty does not always pay off.  I put my reputation on the line by saying
I had bred a puppy who suffered from HOD five years ago so now this mating
has been done (not this pup, he was neutered ) but another from the same
litter who didn't suffer the problem , just be very careful in what you feed
etc etc.  Why did I bother. I also stressed the growth rates and to feed a
diet to help slow this down.  So yes Peggy I was open and honest once I
realised a mating had been done but who is being honest with me in return in
this matter.

Does the perfect dog exist? I think not to the honest Breeders who are
always trying to maintain the Breed and lessen the health problems.  My
favourite is hearing a Breeder tell a puppy owner "they have pick of the
litter" and away they go proudly clutching their wee bundle.  Happened to me
years ago and then my friend also bought a puppy and she had "Pick of the
litter too"!! Keep being realistic.
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans