Re: [PyrNet-L] Westminster

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [PyrNet-L] Westminster

> In a message dated 2/23/00 9:14:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> tsheehan03@snet.net writes:
>
> << One of the most noted conditions that Royalty suffered from was
>  "Hemophilia". This was just one of the results of their human inbreeding,
>  there are quite a few others. Please understand that I have the greatest
>  respect for you, your breeding program, and your bloodlines. This
discussion
>  is (to me at least) not about the individual personalities of the people
on
>  this list; rather, it is about the perceived crisis in world of purebred
>  dogs. >>
>
> Yes, of course you are correct about Hemophilia.  The same would have
> happened if two unrelated carriers of the hemophilia gene mated though.
The
> inbreeding just propagated the bad gene.  Same happens in dogs.  When you
> identify a problem you move away from it breeding wise.  My observation
was
> only in response to the Jack "the Ripper" reference.
> <<
> Also, regarding human in-breeding; are you familiar with "Jack The
Ripper?"
> One very creditable theory pegs him as a member of The British Royal
Family.
> That is the reason that The Vaunted Scotland Yard never solved the case.>>
>
> I just wondered how you could tell that criminal deviant behavior like
this
> was due to inbreeding?
>
> Joe

The Royal in question was third (I believe; its been quite a while since I
studied this) or fourth in line for the throne. He was later confined in The
Royal Palace and died at an early age. Must I drag out my old text books and
give you a case by case scenario? I have neither the time not the
inclination to do that. The facts are availabe to you in any decent library
if you care to research them.

Regards,

Terry