[PyrNet-L] A Poem

Just going through old PMDC Newsletters from day one and found this poem in
a 1976 copy.  Just thinking of you all with the snow you've had while we sit
here roasting.
Jan .  (poem below)

"Snow on the level three feet deep,
Oh Lord the wind is blowin',
We've eaten our caps and suspender straps
And damned if it aint still snowing!!

We made a mulligan stew today
Of a candle, some soap and a wisp of hay,
Some small pine blocks, a pair of socks,
A wood rat's nest and a couple of rocks.

Tomorrow morn at the break of day
We're going to leave this shack.
A trail to seek on the mountain peak,
Adios! if we don't come back.

And in the spring, when nature sings
Should you chance on this trail to come back,
If you find a couple of skeleton things,
You'll know it's just me and Jack.

(Found pinned to the door of a trapper's cabin in the Rockie by Conrad Kain,
author unknown).

Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans