Re: [PyrNet-L] considering a Pyr

In a message dated 3/5/2000 11:27:09 PM EST, richert@pacifier.com writes:

<< How much outside area does an adult Pyr require?  >>

Surprisingly a lot less than they would like to think they need <G>.  We have
2 1/3 acres and most of our guys seem quite content to be on the couch.  Our
one male doesn't know the meaning of a 5 foot fence -- he's up and over it in
no time, so we have to keep him closely monitored whenever he's in the yard.
Baron and Zoe generally stay in the house with us at night, and they're
perfectly content.  It's funny to see one of them lying in the crate -- door
wide open.  They don't have to be in it -- they just are content there.  My
Mother has a 10 year old Pyr, and Candy is very much a house dog.  Her main
job is guarding the back porch from squirrels.

The area you describe should be adequate for a Pyr.  The key is to have a
secure fence.  A six foot high one should be fine.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC