Re: [PyrNet-L] considering a Pyr

In a message dated 3/5/2000 11:27:09 PM EST, richert@pacifier.com writes:

<< And the one question I can never get a straight answer on:  How much do
they
 really drool?  Does it depend on heat, activity level, etc.?  Is it
 constant? >>

Ahhh, the every present drool.  First of all, this has a lot to do with the
shape of the mouth.  The "perfect" Pyr mouth has a tighter lip than say a
Newf or Saint B.  Of our 5 pyrs, we have only one that is a real drool head
-- and it's because he has a looser lip that holds the liquid.  Increase in
activity, excitement, can increase the chance of having drool.  Also, I've
noticed that drool, or just plain slobber, appears right after having a drink
of water.  (Personally I think it's their way of helping me wash the floor --
they spread the water, then I walk through it with stocking feet.  Nice one!)
 As for drool -- well, with five Pyrs, its safe to say it's not a big issue
with David or me.  Guess we look at it as "long distance kisses".

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC