[PyrNet-L] Breeding question( a wee bit long)!!!

Hi Mary, I think what is being said here is that in many cases it's not easy
to make a Pyr into a Champion therefore before she  consider's  breeding it
may well be worth the effort to try and do this along with the hip/elbow
xrays, a number of suitable homes for the pups and a  good knowledge of the
bloodlines to ensure there are few (if any) inheritable faults that can
cause heartbreak to future owners.  All the time and money in the world is
not going to take away the heartbreak of a dwarf puppy, hip dysplasia, OCD,
HOD, Elbow dysplasia, incorrect jaws and any other problems that may well be
associated with breeding from bloodlines that she  may not know a lot about.
I don't give a hoot about the number of Champions in a pedigree but it does
prove that the owners of Champions have made the effort and gone out and
sought the Judge's (on the day) opinion and have put the time and money into
standing behind what they believe in.  If  Judges'  consistently put up a
Pyr time after time then that may well prove a point  that this Pyr is
considered to be a worthy specimen of the Breed.  I am aware that the
handler may have something to do with this also to the amount of travelling
done and profile of Breeder/Owner but an effort is being made.  If "Joe
Bloggs" who has made no effort in his life but wants  his bitch to have a
litter then I'll put my running shoes on!! To me,  no matter how   many
Judges may have problems lying straight in bed at night (I am not saying
they are crooked) you put a good, sound, quality Pyr out there in the ring
and  have difficulty in seeing how it can be overlooked for the awards then
I'll go back to breeding tadpoles.   If your friend has a lovely bitch then
get her to do all the required health aspects, see her get the title of Am
Ch,  find a good healthy Stud Dog along with a good half a dozen caring
homes where the pups may stay for the next 10 years be they pets/ show dogs
or LGD's and if she is unable to meet these requirements then may she not be
so keen to breed or may she have the financial resources to keep all the
pups in the most wonderful home forever. I think your care and concern does
you credit Mary and you have the future of the Breed at heart.  We have a
Maya too!!
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans