[PyrNet-L] Leavin' town

I'm on the first train out of here tomorrow. No dogs just me, I'm going to
stay with my Saint Bernard friend who is having a "house warming" party
tomorrow night. I've had this planned for a couple of weeks now. " Don't you
dare say you'll work on Saturday. I don't care what it costs to fly a crew
up from the South Island, you are here and I am gone!!"

So we had one these little "buddy talks" tonight.  Him,  " You know those
crane drivers from down South are something else compared to the ones up
here"   Me. "Gosh are they".  Him " You wouldn't believe how skilled they
are at getting containers off the ships", I hardly had to do a thing, they
understood exactly what I wanted".    Me " Well fancy that".  Him " That's
why I was home early this afternoon".  Me "Well at least you've got tomorrow
off to look after the dogs (and finish some decorating!)  and I'll be home
Sunday morning on the first (and only!) train back".   Him " Oh well I
suppose I'll let that car ship go at midnight then, someone else can do it,
we only need 22 men for 110 cars, all over in a couple of hours".  Me, "
I'll pop down on Sat night and drive the bleeping cars off for you for
$50.00 an hour, I'll take all the girls from the party with me, be done in
half an hour. Are you so indispensible that you can't find time to stay home
for a day and look after your dogs while I go and get plastered?"

Him " Well I'm not going in, I just thought I'd mention it!"
End of buddy talk, he's staying here while I have a night out.  What was the
point of mentioning it I ask myself?? To suggest I stay here (NO), to earn
some extra dollars (possibly!!) or as I suggested to him shrugging off
parental responsibility??  I'm going and I'll be back on Sunday!!  The he
can go and see if the cars have drowned!! Back to the "one parent family!"
Am I surprised when I hear him say, "they don't listen to me, you spoil
them!".  They think "Mr Green" who does my hedges is their father, they see
more of him!!

Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans