Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: [Pyr-Net]:breeding question/showing

    Not necessarily.  There are many places you can find Pyrs for just a
couple hundred.  The point is, no matter what you pay for the dog, it's the
quality of the breeder (and the owner) that determines what happens to the
dog.

Chrissy
Rajah and Moses
West Union, WV
dsmith@iolinc.net

> Wow ... following this thread was pretty boring until this posting.
>
> What if everyone thought this way?  Rescuing or not rescuing abandoned
> animals won't change the ways of irresponsible owners or breeders.  How
does
> rejecting someone else's abandoned pet teach anyone a lesson?  Or rescuing
> that abandoned pet, for that matter?  It doesn't.  It's about saving the
> animal.  Also, just because someone has gone to the most reputable breeder
> who breeds only the best doesn't automatically guarantee they'll be a
> responsible owner.  "Quality" animals end up in shelters too.
>
> I have two pyrs that I adopted through rescue.  Before deciding on rescue,
> looked into buying a brand spanking new pyr puppy from a breeder.
Starting