Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: [Pyr-Net]:breeding question/showing

----- Original Message -----
From: Ame McNair <ame63@hotmail.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: [Pyr-Net]:breeding question/showing

For the animals sake- not the
> irresponsible humans- aren't we glad there is a tiny safety net?
>
>                                         - Ame and Pushkin

This is exactly why I do rescue. For the sake of the innocent animals! Is a
dog any less deserving of a good home and a family to call their own because
they are maybe not the "perfect" pyr or because some humans are stupid? I
find the statements about it not being "my" responsibility that animals come
into rescue and it being other peoples "fault" so why should I care very
puzzling? I care because I love the breed! Not just the "perfect"
representations of the breed!

Not everyone can and should do rescue. It takes a special kind of person to
open up their hearts, and homes and wallets for these poor unwanted dogs.
But taking this attitude about rescue and rescue dogs does a great
disservice to those people and animals that are involved in rescue. If it
where not for rescue I would not have my wonderful boy Beau. Who
incidentally is a beautiful representation of his breed! I thank my lucky
stars for rescue! For without it I would not have this noble, loving, and
magnificent dog in my life. And I would be much poorer for not having him to
share my life with.
Marie McFarland and Beau laying at her feet