[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Remembering Ernie

To dear Holly, I had the joy of meeting Ernie at the National Speciality (I believe it was in Maryland). I knew of his amazing feats in obedience and other areas, but was absolutely staggered when watching the carting demonstration by a gorgeous black Newfie outside the front door of the hotel to see Holly with Ernie sitting by her side. OFF-LEASH. My dogs would have been off into the wild blue yonder! I asked Holly if she wasn't worried Ernie might take off. No, she said.

I was heart-broken to read your sad news. You were such a wonderful team. Just last night I was sorting my file of Pyr photos and came across one of you and Ernie snuggling and my thoughts went your way. Love and condolences from all the primate people, primates and their Pyr protectors in Summerville, Shirley McGreal