[PyrNet-L] Re: failure of Rescue

Wow Jack, that really is good thinking.  In the bigger picture it would
be off set by less euthanasia expense.  I've always said, for what we
spend in this country killing the animals we should be able to find a way
to save them!  I've always thought there should be tax breaks ( or
something ) for those people who own, care, and spay/neuter their pets,
thus eliminating some of this mess.

We have a giant type flea-market down here in Canton Texas that runs the
first weekend of the mo.  Gal who buys eggs from us was just telling me
today that she almost bought a Pyr. off of animal row!  I was talking to
her about the negatives of getting a puppy that way.  Our P.B. Pig group
is always fighting the sale of baby P.B. Pigs at that place too.  They
take the piglets away from their Mom's and siblings at a few weeks old to
make them appear super small, most of them don't survive, and our rescue
group for the pigs is just inundated with those that make it, because
then they need special care just to survive.  Talk about a hopeless
feeling, no end to what the humans can find to hurt!

Anyway, I do like that idea, and I know certain places can do the
chipping really reasonable, and in other areas we get ripped off.  So in
truth I bet it could be done for far less than we actually get charged.
Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas