Re: [PyrNet-L] T.V. Commercial

In a message dated 3/17/00 7:48:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, mikej@alaweb.com
writes:

<< It would appear to me that some on here have never raised a little boy and
 dog at the same time. Having done so I can talk about this one.   If the boy
 and dog in the commerical belong to each other the little boy could do
anything
 he wanted to do and the dog would either lay there and accept it or get up
and
 leave.  That is what, in my experience, smart dogs do. The commerical has to
 be one of the funnest and best laundry detergent that has been one tv in a
long
 long time.   >>

I have to say that I totally agree with the above poster.  I just don't see
what all the fuss is about.  Commercials are indeed a way for the sponsors to
get us, the consumers to purchase their products.  However, they search for a
way to entertain us in the process.  As in any ad, I'm sure there are those
that will be offended, but I think this one in particular is being looked at
under a microscope. It's funny, it's real life.  And as far as some saying
that the dog and child were totally unsupervised, I have two children as well
as two dogs, and I would not keep a dog that would even growl at a child.
Two year olds are unpredictable period, but that is no excuse as someone
previously said to have the dog turn on the child and attack.  This to me
anyway, would be a dog with an ill temperment.