[PyrNet-L] tapeworms have fleas?

snip<<Critters get tapeworm from ingesting an infected flea - passage
between
other critters is rare. I had one bitch with Tapeworm - The vet told me
this but, I proceeded to have all the others checked especially since I
do have stool eaters - sure enough, none of the others were positive.
Now if you had some fleas in the house or yard and they bit the infected
cat - then there would be a chance that way. I thought my vet was nuts
when he told me that but, I looked it up.

Lisa>> end snip

Really! I thought fleas were dormant in the winter...I guess I must have
some in the house, or perhaps the cat ate a mouse with fleas on it...Well,
thank you Lisa, that was certainly informative! I will dose my cat, but
leave my dogs out of it, but I will keep an eye on them anyways...What
horrible creatures tapeworms are - so revolting to see. Comes with the
territory, I guess! Thanks for the help.

RS, Lisette Anderson