Re: [PyrNet-L] Middlenames? & a question

We introduced a new kitten into our household at Christmas (appeared at my
office the day of our Christmas party, and David kindly agreed we could have
another).  Kes and Zoe were very easy going with it, even though Nick had
never seen dogs this big.  Both of the girls were raised with cats, and will
even let the cats eat out of their food bowls.  Baron, on the other hand, is
VERY picky about which cats he associates with.  We tried to introduce them,
holding one, having Baron in the crate, having Nick in the crate.  Nothing
seemed to work.  Baron would go after Nick, and of course Nick would run, and
it was a great "game".  Well, about two weeks ago, Nick seemed to be much
more confident in being around our dogs, so we let Baron out again.  This
time, when Baron went up to sniff Nick, Nick didn't run.  All was ok.  It
seems with Baron, if you run, you don't belong here, and you're fair game to
chase.

Last October, I had brought my Mum-in-law's cat, Cleo, to our house to spend
a couple days.  I put her in the crate while I brought Baron in the house.
Baron when right up to the crate, and as I tried to open the door, Cleo
pushed her way out right to Baron.  She was fine with Baron and Baron
respected her.  Especially after she cracked him across the nose when he got
too pushy.  I was amazed that they got along, because Cleo is an "only cat"
and Baron is just "Baron".

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC