Guarding/Herding Re: [PyrNet-L] Is it a Wolfhound? A Golden? No, it's a Pyr!

    I've probably already mentioned this but have strong feelings that Pyrs
should be recognized as Livestock Guardians, being one of the most important
traits.
    Pyrs are not "herders" they are "guardians".  They are not in the
herding group because they do not herd, they're in the working group because
they primarily guard as well as do other work.  The herding breeds that are
now in the herding group used to be in the working group with the Pyrs and
other working group breeds, then they separated the class into two different
groups, the Working Group and the Herding Group.  So now the breeds that
herd (chase) the livestock are in the herding group and the breeds that
guard (bond) with the livestock or do some other work are in the working
group.  Just to let you know the difference.  Not trying to be rude.

Chrissy
Rajah, Moses and Molli
West Union, WV
dsmith@iolinc.net