[PyrNet-L] High levels of Cordisone in Older Pyr

Yesterday my Mother took her 10 1/2 year old pyr, Candy, to the vets for some
routine blood work.  While generally in good health, Candy has a spot of
arthritis, and alternates between Rimodyl for 3 weeks, and then Esogesic for
3 weeks.  (Please excuse spelling -- I'm at work, and I don't have the names
with me.)  Anyway, Candy's liver and kidneys are fine, but the vet has found
an increase in the cordisone level in her body.  He has started more blood
tests today (results should be back on Monday).  In the meantime, do any of
you know of a similar situation?  The only thing the vet could suggest was
either the gland/organ that produces cordisone is malfunctioning, or else she
has a tumor.  Needless to say, Mother is extremely concerned about it.  Candy
has been her "lifeline" since Dad died two years ago.  Please keep positive
thoughts for Candy's test results.

Thanks,
Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com