Re: [PyrNet-L] Thought I'd heard it all!!

In a message dated 3/26/2000 4:17:23 AM EST, ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< Well we did our bit last year but it
 now seems a pointless exercise because today this Judge told one of the Pyr
 Exhibitor's that she would rather stand back and look for the dewclaws than
 have to bend down!! >>
Oh, you have those type of judges over there too.  Last year we did a series
of shows, and on the second day we encounted a judge who was very thorough.
This judge not only looked at the dog, but felt "all" aspects of it's
structure too.  I was very pleased when Zoe was both Winner's Bitch AND Best
of Winners!  The next day, the judge hardly touched the dogs.  This one
seemed to judge strictly on appearance.  And with Zoe blowing coat, she
certainly didn't look as "full figured" as the other bitches.  Personally, I
like the "touchy-feelly" type of judges.  Even if they "don't" know what
they're looking at, they atleast make an effort <G>.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC