Re: [PyrNet-L] Thought I'd heard it all!!

On 26 Mar 00, at 8:37, Barb Bowes wrote:

> Jan, you go get her! One clueless judge is enough, and I'm sure
> there are many more than just one. I don't understand how a judge
> would not want to fully understand the standard for any breed.
> After all, it's the judge's reputation on the line! One would
> think her pride and professionalism (in this case, lack of) would
> come into play bending or no bending.

Last year we showed under an elderly judge, she used a walker to
assist her while she stood in the ring.  When it was time to examine
the dogs, she had us bring them to her while she sat in a chair. She
could then bend over and examine the dewclaws and dogs.  Kalinka just
loved something new and thought the judge was asking for loves.  That
poor lady was beautifully dressed and ended up with lots of pyr
slime. <g>.  This *lady could not bend, but she handled her
infirmities and gave a fair judging of the breed. If there is a will,
there is a way!

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico