[PyrNet-L] Candy's Update

Well, everyone, Candy, my Mother's 10 1/2 year old Pyr, had her blood tests
run on Monday.  BTW -- it was high levels of Cortisol, not Cortisone that she
had.  Anyway, it seems she has the early stages of Cushing's disease.
According to our vet, she should do nicely on medication.  On Wednesday
morning, she had her first pill, a small white tablet whose name begins with
an "A".  A couple hours later she threw up.  Mother called the vet, and he
said this was a common reaction to the medication.  He said not to give her
any more medicine that day, but to try again on Thursday.  On Thursday
morning, Candy didn't throw up, and it appears that her body is accepting the
medicine.

Thanks for all the support you gave to Mother and Candy!

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC